Excellent ideas. Excellent design.
Good business. Good relationships.
This simple philosophy has guided hgDesign for over forty years as we produced award-winning corporate collateral and built a reputation for innovative thinking, quality design and personal service. We are a graphic design boutique with an ad agency approach to creative work based on an art director/writer team who develop concept-driven, targeted solutions to communication projects.
At our faculty leadership retreat the book was a total hit! We placed them on the table where we spent the day, and the faculty could barely keep their hands off them… I am so grateful to hgD for your vision, your keen eye, and your partnership in this project… It has been such a pleasure working with you all, and I hope we have more projects to come.
With hgDesign, we get more than beautiful design—we get vision, project management and truly personal attention. For almost two decades I have relied on their combination of creativity and craftsmanship, for work that wins praise as well as awards.
I’m really happy that we selected hgDesign to design our visual identity and marketing materials. We couldn’t have asked for more in terms of the creativity, beautiful design and their dedication to making sure that everything was done right. The hgD team were a genuine pleasure to work with.
It was a pleasure and honor to work with hgD. You were absolutely fantastic! The creativity, experience and professionalism is obvious in this remarkable 150th Anniversary Book. It is really something to be very proud of. We had a great team and I am very grateful.
- AIGA: 365 Design Annual; For the Common Good
- AR 100 (seven consecutive years)
- Applied Arts Magazine (Canada)
- Art Direction Magazine
- Beckett Paper
- Communication Arts: Design Annual
- Crown Vantage Paper: Identity Commission Competition
- Gilbert Paper
- Graphic Design USA: Design Annuals; Health+Wellness; Web Design
- Graphis: 100 Best Annual Reports (numerous)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- Los Angeles Art Directors Club
- Mead Annual Report Show
- Mohawk Paper
- Neenah Paper
- New York Art Directors Club
- Print Magazine (interview and article)
- Printing Industries of America (PIA)
- Society of Publication Designers (numerous)
- Strathmore Paper
- Type Directors Club (numerous)
- Zaunders Paper/M-Real
hgDesign, founded by Hershell George in 1976, is a complete communications design ﬁrm offering expertise in marketing, branding, strategic planning, copywriting, graphic design, photography, art direction and production, prepress and print supervision. We are scaled to provide personalized service and rapid response to client needs. It takes a good design idea, good content, good editorial management and attention down to the last detail to make any project go smoothly and turn out great. We have been committed to that exacting process for forty years, and are acknowledged
throughout the industry for our innovative concepts, quality design, competitive pricing and professional hands-on service.
- Astra Zeneca
- Columbia University Medical Center
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- MacroChem Corp
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- National League for Nursing
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corp
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- United Hospital Fund
- Battalia Winston
- Sibson Consulting
- Solomon Page Group
- Ward Howell
- Bryan Cave
- Mintz Levin
- Patterson Belknap
- White & Case
- American Express
- C. E. Unterberg Towbin
- First Fidelity Bank
- Fundamental Advisors
- G.E. Capital Corp.
- Money Management Institute
- Edgar M. Bronfman Endowment Fund
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- Ronald McDonald House
- The School of American Ballet
- Survivors of the Shoah Foundation
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
- WNET Channel Thirteen
- World Jewish Congress
- Renaissance Reinsurance
- Hill & Knowlton
- Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher
- Ogilvy Adams & Rhinehart
- Torrance Companies
- Columbia University
- Princeton University
- Vaughn College
- Shorewood Packaging
- Summit Technology
- Southern Natural Gas